Pro DSLR + Cheapo Lens vs "Cheapo" DSLR + Pro Lens

This article is part of the section Photography Tips

We got sent a question asking us: What would be better? A pro DSLR with a cheapo lens or a cheapo DSLR with an expensive lens? Well, we thought we'd answer that question in this video by asking two very different photographers to show us what they're like. We tested the Canon 1D Mark IV with a Sigma 28-300mm something and a Canon 550D with a 24-70mm f/2.8L. What produces better results? Watch the video to find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video. Not only was it humorous but also very informative.

I was wondering if I might the right choice going with the Nikon
d5100 so that I could afford a good lenses.

I think this video convinced me that I made the right choice.