Nikon D800: Slideshow of Key Features
Quick guide to the key features of the Nikon D800, based on slides from the Nikon UK launch presentation. Watch our hands on preview video for more information.
Compared to D700: Specification highlights by dpreview.com
- 36.3MP CMOS sensor (compared to 12.1MP)
- 15.3MP DX-format capture mode (compared to 5MP)
- 51-point AF system with 15 cross-type sensors, rated to -2EV* (compared to -1EV)
- ISO 100-6400 extendable to ISO 25,600 equiv (compared to ISO 200-6400, extendable to ISO 25,600)
- 1080p video at 30, 25 or 24 frames per second, up to 24Mbps, with uncompressed HDMI output and audio monitoring options*
- 3.2", 921,000 dot LCD with anti-fog layer* (compared to 3in, 921k-dot)
- Maximum 4fps continuous shooting in FX mode, 6fps in DX mode** (compared to 8fps in FX mode)
- Advanced Scene Recognition System with 91,000 pixel metering sensor* (compared to 1005-pixel)
- 'Expeed 3' Image Processing*
- Dual-axis Virtual Horizon (on LCD screen/viewfinder)* (compared to single-axis)
Nikon D800 and D800E: Hands On Preview
James Banfield of Nikon UK takes What Digital Camera through the key features of the new Nikon D800 and D800E at the Uk Press Launch.
Nikon D800: I am the big picture